SUPERHIDIC®: Innovative Energy
Saving Distillation System
SUPERHIDIC developed by TOYO provides an excellent energy saving above 50% compared to conventional distillation system in various industrial applications.
SUPERHIDIC offers attractive economics without utilizing special equipment but applying well proven technology related to distillation and heat transfer. Moreover good maintainability can be achieved with SUPERHIDIC.
Side-exchanges accomplished by stabbed-in heat exchangers
- Side-exchangers can be provided at composition where enthalpy change should be provided.
- Heat transfer area can be adjusted so as to meet desirable heat duty.
- Pairing of stages between rectifying section and stripping section can be determined in consideration of desirable heat duty and temperature difference.
- Overall heat transfer coefficient can be predicted in high confidence level.
Rectifying section located below stripping section
- Side-exchanges can be accomplished by means of thermo-siphon/gravity.
- Normal trays or packing is utilized.
- Side-cut to obtain intermediate product or multiple-feed can be carried out.
- Feed stage can be optimized.
Consequently, following advantages are achieved
- Highest energy saving performance in distillation system developed so far.
- Good maintainability as normal facility.
Excellent energy saving with good economics is expected by introducing SUPERHIDIC for the following conditions at existing column modification or new installation.
Temperature difference between the overhead and
the bottom lower than 80℃
Large scale reboiler and/or condenser duty
TOYO can offer attractive solution how to apply SUPERHIDIC effectively in your existing plant,even if the candidate column has been involved in heat recovery at its condenser/reboiler or a reduction of the stream consumption currently used at reboilers results in just surplus. Such solution can be found through our developed mathematical optimization approach, HERO.HERO (Hybrid Energy system Re-Optimization)